To create a positive support systemto provide a safe, engaging, and supportive school environmentnecessary for effective learning, safety, and discipline during school hours.
All students from classes II to XII, fall under the purview of this policy.
This policy applies to all students while on school property, during a school-related activity including, but not limited to, in the school buses, bus stops, school-sponsored events, field trips, athletic functions, and any other activity authorized by the school. This policy also applies to off-campus incidents involving school students in events authorized by the school and accompanied by the school staff.
The purpose of this policy is to establish and communicate to staff, students, parents and the community, disciplinary procedures and guidelines for adherence to the norms (Satyan code of conduct) of the school.
Summary of School Discipline Policy for Students
- Parents/ Guardians are expected to ensure that their children/ wards abide by the Rules and Regulations mentioned in the School Diary.
- Parents/ Guardians should check the School diary for behaviour progress and student development, sign the same and also extend necessary co-operation to the school in all such matters.
- Students are required to be punctual to the school.
- Students who are late to the school will not be allowed to enter the school premises.
- No half day is permitted by the school, unless the child is sick or with the permission of the Heads of the respective Wing.
- Students are expected to be regular to school. 75% attendance is pre- requisite for promotion to the next class.
- Students are expected to be in proper school uniform for the Walk Ins, the Open- Day and any extra support classes.
- Students are not allowed to drive any vehicle or visit any public place when in school uniform.
- Students must wear the school uniform when put on official duty inside or outside the school premises.
- Students ought to carry the school diary and notebooks as per the Time- Table every day.
- Students are forbidden from bringing water balloons, crackers or other such material.
- Student shall not wear ornaments or jewellery.
- Students are expected to appear for all tests and examinations conducted by the school. Retest will not be conducted.
- Students are expected not to resort to unfair means during the test or examination.
- If the student is participating in any competitive examination or event not conducted by the school, prior permission needs to be sought.
- If you are a part of school team, it is mandatory to attend the practice sessions within or beyond the school hours.
- Students are not allowed to use the school logo or name or its acronym SPMS or the word Satyan on any social sites such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, Instagram, etc. or any other material without prior permission from the school.
- Students should not carry any electronic gadget (mobile, i-pad/ camera/ i-pod) within the school campus.
- The school does not accept responsibility for loss of books, pens, money and other valuables.
- Students should behave with propriety when interacting with the teachers, admin staff, support staff and peons.
- In the interest of the students’ safety, certain areas of the campus like the Pool, the Play station, Labs and Auditorium are out of bounds for students, unless accompanied by a teacher.
- The students will sign the Anti-Bullying pledge and ensure strict adherence to it.
- No student shall indulge in:
- Disfiguring or otherwise damaging any school property.
- Any form of gambling
- Use of drugs or intoxicants except on prescription by a registered medical practitioner.
- Rowdyism, vandalism, rude behaviour and bullying
- Use of violence in any form
- Casteism, Communalism and Racism.
- Use of inappropriate language.
- Malpractices such as copying and cheating during exams and tests.
- 24. Violation of the code of conduct may lead to written warnings, meeting the parents, reformation task, suspension and finally expulsion.
Zero Tolerance Policy
I understand that the school will not tolerate
- Use of Abusive Language/ Gestures.
- Getting involved in fights.
- Bringing any dangerous item/ abusive substances/crackers etc. into the school that is deemed to jeopardize the health and safety of other students and staff in the school.
- Deliberately damaging school property in any way.
- Leaving the school premises during school hours without permission.
- Not using social media responsibly.
- Neglecting studies or homework repeatedly.
- Habitually coming late or without Student Organizer, Notebooks.
- Carrying Mobile Phone/ any other gadgets.
- Public display of Affection.
Rules read and noted ______________
Grade : ____________
Student's Name: _____________ Parent’s Name: _______________